Jonathan Stephen GANI
Current Address: Division of Surgery John Hunter Hospital, Lookout Rd, New Lambton Hts, NSW 2305.
Tel (02) 4921300. Fax (02) 49214274
Former Practice address:Top Floor, Lake MacQuarie Specialist Medical Centre, 8 Sydney Street, Gateshead, NSW 2290.
Tel. (02) 49478177. Fax (02) 49478277
DATE OF BIRTH: 22 August 1957
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Perth, Western Australia (Australian citizen with right of abode in United Kingdom).
Full Registration General Medical Council UK (GMC)
AHPRA Registration No. MED0001122968
Specialist Registration: NSW Australia 1990, Specialist Register UK 1997
MB ChB with Honours 1980
FRCS (England) 1984
MD (Newcastle) 2001 Thesis: Minimally Invasive Surgery in the Hunter Region
Medical Director of Surgery John Hunter Hospital.
Conjoint Professor of Surgery University of Newcastle.
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Fellow)
Royal College of Surgeons of England (Fellow)
Australia and New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA)
Australia and New Zealand Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
General Surgeons Australia (GSA)
- Certified in Early Management of Severe Trauma by Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Flinders Medical Centre 1989).
- Certified in Endoscopy and Colonoscopy by the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (1989).
- Certified in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; (St George Hospital Course, September 1990).
- Certified in Advanced Laparoscopic techniques (Sydney Hospital, December 1991).
- Certified in Endoscopic Retrogrograde Cholangiopancreatography GE Society of Australia (1996).
- Certified in Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct exploration (Dundee, January 1997)
- Approved for use of Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band HAHS Credentialing Committee (Inamed Melbourne 2003)
- Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (Liverpool Hospital 2005)
- American College of Surgeons CME Certificate SSAT Evidence Based Treatment of HPB Diseases 19 May 2012 San Diego
- SSAT Postgraduate/Maintenance of Certification Course HPB Surgery Washington DC 16 May 2015
- ASGE Annual Postgraduate Course at DDW: Endoscopic Oncology 2016: The Integral Role of the Gastroenterologist in Personalized Cancer Management. May 22, 2016 Held in conjunction with DDW San Diego, CA
- Process Communication model. Core topics completed course. 22-24 May 2019